According to a study conducted by Google in 2012, 67% of people are more likely to make transactions with a mobile-friendly website. Ever since, there is a growing shift in website creation and redevelopment towards having a responsive web design in order to cater the needs of mobile and tablet users. As the number of websites that implement a responsive website design increases, more and more websites also commit failures along the way. Provided below are five areas where most websites fail to optimize when creating responsive design.
1. Tediously protracted copy – Too much scrolling will bore mobile visitors. Therefore if you have a lengthy copy, reevaluate it today for smaller screens. In addition, enterprises should be able to deliver their messages in a brief yet meaty manner. Delete paragraphs or sentences that have low value and provide low customer engagement.
2. Annoying pop-ups and advertisements – Make sure to get rid of all pop-ups and advertisements from your tablet and mobile websites as these cannot be modified easily for mobile devices. In addition, they also slow the loading time of your site, and are often difficult to close out especially when using smaller screens.
3. Uninviting images – Although the web development backend automatically adjusts the images to fit various screen resolutions, it is significant to always evaluate your images especially on high-value pages such as the homepage and product/service pages. Make your images as appealing as possible to draw visitors in. However, it is essential to scale down the total number of your images because it helps load your site faster.
4. Illogical navigation – Navigation is decisive in having a successful website no matter what the platforms are. Thus, if your native site has a logical navigation structure, so should your responsive sites. Your responsive websites should also feature finger-friendly navigation menus. Make them large enough for users so they can tap them with ease, and subsequently navigate your site more conveniently. In addition, make your social media buttons equally visible so they can redirect users to your social media channels.
5. Lengthy videos – Your web developer should be adept in implementing flash/html 5 animation and video player so you could smoothly stream videos over mobile and tablets. Moreover, always keep your videos short and sweet; not to mention relevant.
After taking the leap to having a responsive web design, always keep in mind that it also needs optimization in order to make the most of its benefits. If you need a professional assistance regarding the above-named areas, silver connect web design can be of immense help as they are well-versed in implementing and optimizing responsive websites.