In order to have a flourishing career as a web or graphic designer, the most surefire way is to not simply learn the basics, but master them. Given the technological advancement today, there are myriad of available resources that can help fledgelings to have a good head start in the web designing industry. These resources are also beneficial for business website owners who are planning to personally design their websites. However if you desire for web and graphic designs that will truly standout among the competition, here are some tips to take your site to the next level:
1. Simplicity is the new “black” – When designing your website, stay away from using loud and clashing colors. Make sure that your text content can be read easily against the color of your background. Recent data show that most website visitors are more comfortable reading dark texts on a light background. Although you can still practice the opposite, it might not yield optimal results.
2. Speed is more critical than ever – In today’s online environment, speed is increasingly becoming as a governing factor. For this reason, it is very important to ensure that your website loads promptly. Visitors who have to wait for pages and contents to load are more likely to look for information on other sites. Once your website gains reputation for loading pages slowly, it will be really difficult to draw in and repeat visitors again. With this, make sure your website hosting company can establish fast connection to load all your pages with little or no delay.
3. Let your visitors have full control of their actions – Do not force your visitors to complete an action. Let them cancel any action they have commenced like filling out your email newsletter forms, or going back to their shopping carts to change their items.
4. Make the most of your “About Us” page – One of the biggest mistakes of some business websites today is that they are leaving their “About Us” page archetypal, boring, and dull. Needless to say, it is the very page where you can present your company in a creative and distinctive manner. Give your readers a clear insight on what your company is about, how they can benefit from your products/services, and so on.
5. Select a professional-looking font – Don’t become one of those brands that failed in their marketing schemes just because of faulty choice of fonts. Make your fonts simple, readable, and could easily convey your message.
If you need professional assistance in carrying out these five methods, hiring an expert firm that provides custom web design services will surely come in handy.