A lot of people, especially business owners in Philadelphia often interchange online marketing terms such as search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO). Little do they know that the difference between the two is fairly important in advancing their search engine marketing campaign in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. For this reason, this blog post will try to impart information to help business owners distinguish SEO from SEM.
Search engine marketers in Philadelphia will definitely agree that SEO is the foundation of a healthy and thriving online marketing. However, SEO is only part of a much bigger umbrella called SEM. Back in the ‘90s, copywriters wrote chiefly for print, and then sent these letters through mail. The advent of television somehow changed that; and with the introduction of the internet, copywriting is pushed to change again.
Drafting and writing a copy without a heedful SEM strategy is like writing a really good copy but failing to send it to target readers. SEM exists in order for a good copy to land into your reader’s attention.
SEM is comprised of SEO, different forms of paid search, as well as social media marketing. All these heavily influence the “findability” of your content. Understanding these technical facets is substantially crucial in order to create a copy that is both creative and technical.
How Copywriting Changed Through Time
In general, the copywriting industry has witnessed two major changes over time: (1) the technical demands, and (2) the way how content is disseminated and consumed by the audience. The first refers to the skills necessitated to create an SEM program that optimize the utilization of internet and its related hardware. The second embraces all the factors that the marketer cannot control when it comes to content distribution and consumption such as the internet itself as well as the device where the audience access the content.
Technical Requirements for Creating a Solid SEM Campaign
In order to have an effective and successful SEM program, a copywriter will need to work with people with specialties in the following areas:
- SEO – Over time, the processes done in SEO will pay off great traffic in organic search.
- Pay-per-click – Apart from testing target keywords, PPC also allows marketers to refine their call-to-actions (CTAs).
- Programming – This includes the implementation of necessary structural changes to yield better SEO results.
- User Experience (UX) – UX specialists know how to make website friendly for their target audience; therefore increasing its chance of converting normal visitors into actual paying customers.
- SMM – Social media marketers are important mainly for audience engagement, traffic acquisition, and overall brand development.
- Analytics – Determining which undertaking is actually delivering results, and allotting enough budget for them.
In today’s competitive business landscape, business owners cannot afford to ignore doing SEM. If you need professional help, you can always turn to seasoned companies that provide competitive search engine marketing services in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.