With the existence of copious web hosting companies out there today, selecting a good one can seem daunting at times. However, this should not be that hard if you have the right information. Provided below are some easy-to-follow tips that will help you arrive into a decision.
- Initially, find out the offered plans of each candidate web host companies. Although free sounds really great, most free hosting services nowadays only offer pages that are static, which means that you are not allowed to utilize your own programming scripts and language. In addition, if the company has a reputation of having lengthy breakdowns, better skip that company and proceed to another. These outages only indicate their lack of adequacy and professionalism.
- Inquire about the security your prospect web host can provide. Given today’s technological advancement, websites that are attacked by hackers often happen; not to mention that a great number of possible threats are always present.
- Determine if your prospective host automatically backs up your data, or if you need to do it yourself. This is very important to ask because losing your valuable data without backup is equal to massive loss in everything. As much as possible, prefer a website hosting company that has back up for their backed-up data. In this manner, you can be confident that your data are pretty much secured.
- It is also advisable to look for a host company that is located where your target clientele is. For instance, if your target audience lives within Canada, your safest bet is to choose a provider that has a data center within Canada’s borders.
- Your host provider should also be capable of allowing your website to grow. As your audience expands, you will need additional space to accommodate the growing demand for your website. A single static HTML page for instance shouldn’t take too much space, but adding images and videos can quickly fill up your website data. For file hosting alone, around 200mb to 1GB should be sufficient as a good starting platform for your domain.
Before you start following the above-named tips on how to choose good website hosting company, it is important to write down your priorities first. Knowing what you want in advance will help you filter prospective hosts whether they can adequately provide your needs.