There is nothing new about the reality of content driving the internet. More marketers today, however, give a bigger emphasis on the significance of quality in terms of having a steadfast search engine marketing campaign in the long run. Indeed, gone are the days of publishing loads of poorly-written content using automated tools for article submission. Although creating great and engaging content requires more sweat and effort, carrying out a few good habits could definitely make a difference.
1. Diversify your content. If you want to reach multiple target audiences, it would be wise to broaden your content in order to cover a wider array of platforms and mediums. Having flash/html 5 animation and videos, infographics, audio, and images can all help to make your content more attention-grabbing.
2. Put yourself in their shoes. When creating content, always think about what your clients might find interesting. Speak to your clients and forget about certain SEO and marketing technicalities for a moment. Let your creativity roll but make sure to minimize distractions such as filling your write-ups with fluff.
3. Seek inspiration. Undoubtedly, it is hard to write quality content from scratch. However, this task can be easily done if you seek inspiration from other high quality sources both offline and online. As much as possible, collaborate with others within your industry for it would not only stir your content ideas, but would also facilitate the growth of your brand development later on.
4. Make your content user and web-friendly. Always keep in mind that writing for your website is different from writing for print. To achieve a web-friendly content, it must be engaging, and easy and fun to read. Good web content should be succinct, meaty, and share-worthy. Popular write-up themes include how-to articles, product reviews, list-type articles, and demonstrations.
5. Be consistent. When writing and publishing content, try to be reasonably consistent. When writing, do your research first and make certain that you really know what you are writing. As per the publication, it is advisable to set a regular publishing schedule to provide your readers with a reason to come back and visit your site again soon.
Certainly, there is a growing shift among content marketers to focus on the better end of the content marketing spectrum. Today, yielding quality content is more of a necessity rather than an option if you want your site to rank better in search engines. If you find these five habits of content creation a bit daunting, you could always turn to an expert search engine marketing firm that provides quality content together with sound SEO and SEM campaigns.